Welcome! This is a website for all of my students and former students who are learning English As A Second Language anywhere in the world!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Chala de maiz

I think THEY ARE not sticks that the womAN is carrying. It is a huge bunch of cornSTALKS. It means that the picture was taken in America, probably CentRAL or South America.
My family saw the picture and startED a discussion about the relationship between them(THE TWO PEOPLE). If the man is her husband, why IS he letTING her carry SO much weight? If the man is only a STRANGER(PASSERBY) without relationship with her, why DID he let her carry SO much weight?

Why are the people so individualistIC? Why CANT PEOPLE SHARE? It makes me remember when I lived in my country and "we all" saw many children living and sleeping in the street hungry, cold,AND alone in the middle of the night. We as a person(PEOPLE) and as a society knew the situation of thOSE children. But "we all" thought that IT was someone else'S mistake, someone else'S responsibility.

1 comment:

Leo Coleman said...

Lakale,
(My comment was lost.) Here it is again:
The picture was not taken in South America, but it was taken in a country of one of your classmates. (Whoever can guess the country gets an extra Ritz cracker tomorrow.)