Welcome! This is a website for all of my students and former students who are learning English As A Second Language anywhere in the world!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Coleman Christmas


Christmas came to the Coleman household. Cathy, Lynda, and Karen, and Lynda's kids, Jessica and Rebecca, joined Leo and Shirley in some Christmas music. Leo played harmonica. Jessica played the bass clarinet. Rebecca, the newest member of the band, is now learning how to play the flute like Auntie Karen.

Leo's most intriguing present was the digital clock about 6 inches wide that tells the time and the date and day which he got from his daughter and her husband. It also has a special place for a pad and pen in it. He is telling me the day and time as we speak. It's very nice. He says he is now never at a loss for what day or time it is and he thanks Lynda & Rich very much.

In other exciting presents was a present to Shirley from the 3 kids of a weekend away to visit her sister and her aunt in NH and have a great dinner at the Olive Garden. Also a special Coleman Music Night to be held at a later date. More info to come on this. Leo also got a special hat that says "Captain Leo." Cathy had to be a little crafty to put this together. (only using iron on letters though -- not too crafty. She is not very crafty!) Any of you who have been to Disney World may know the exhibit known as "Captain EO." The hat came from there and was only missing an L.

Callie, the cat is enjoying most the small red box that Karen had a present in. Though she barely fits herself in it, she loves to sit in it!

Write a comment and tell us about your holidays!

Cathy & Leo

5 comments:

DJRosen said...

Cathy and Leo,
It looks like you all had great fun. All you need is a mandolin and a pogo cello. Let me know -- I think I can arrange both. I'd love to hear you on the harmonica, Leo.

All the best in the new year,

David

David J. Rosen

Karen said...

It was a fun musical night. Was great to have Rebecca join the band! Some other ppl( AHEM...LYNDA AND CATHY) need to practice. :P

Kim Perry said...

Great family photo and glad to see you're using the Blog for updates.

Kim

Jeanne Coleman said...

Hello Uncle Leo,
What a great family picture! It sounds like you all had a nice Christmas. I'm envious of your musical talents!

I hope you're feeling well and that 2012 is a great year for all of the Coleman's.

Happy New Year!
Love,
Jeanne

lakele said...

Hi Cathy and Leo, It is so nice to see this family picture, it is a wonderful picture. I wish you a happy 2012. I met some of your students and they asked me about you. I am glad to see that you are okay. I took English Composition I at WSU, I wrote some essays (lakele.blogspot.com). I am going to take English composition II this semester. Best wishes, Ines