Welcome! This is a website for all of my students and former students who are learning English As A Second Language anywhere in the world!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mr Leo's Advanced Braintest---Continued

If you click on the word "COMMENT" on the last post, you will be able to read an attempt by "ANONYMOUS" to answer Mr.Leo's Braintest. "ANONYMOUS" did very very well and almost got the answer correct. She got the second half of the sentence correct. Now, that hint should help the rest of you get the sentence correct, shouldn't it? Sooner or later I will just tell you, but also give you an explanation as well.
Now I want to tell you something about "ANONYMOUS" without telling you her name. She was a student in my class at the Worcester Adult Learning Center about six or maybe seven years ago. (That is a guess.) She was a nurse by profession and was born in France. She was single when she lived here in Worcester. She married a man from Morocco and moved to the French Riviera where she lives now with her husband and two lovely daughters......and I think.....a pet parrot of some kind. She lets the parrot fly around the house because I have seen pictures of that bird outside its cage in the house! When she was in my class, she was part of my "health team" and we made a video entitled "Your Mother was Right". The video was about the importance of handwashing. The video itself is short, but the value for ESOL students of course was in the planning, the conversation practice, and the actual writing and performing in public. I have the original video and hope sometime to get it onto YOUTUBE if I can get my daughter or someone who knows how to put it in the form that it has to be in. Thank you, "ANONYMOUS" for trying my braintest and doing so well. I will give it a few more days and then publish the complete answer, but it should be a lot easier now thanks to you, "ANONYMOUS"

No comments: